Academic positions (all levels) in marine modelling, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Closing date: 24 September 2017
The Marine Modelling group at University of Strathclyde invites applications at all academic levels (lecturer/reader/professor) to the Strathclyde Global Talent Programme in the area of “modelling of marine ecosystems.” Research specialities of interest include, but are not limited to,
- Fisheries stock assessment
- Fisheries oceanography
- Population dynamics from plankton to top predators
- Trait-based and diversity-resolving approaches
- The changing Arctic; European marine resources; challenges facing the global South
- Regional hydrodynamic modelling*
- Earth-system modelling and climate downscaling*
- Socioeconomic dimensions, including valuation of
- ecosystem services*
- Environmental impacts of fishing
For lecturer/senior lecturer-level** applicants, the Chancellor’s Fellowship scheme provides substantially reduced teaching in the first five years and a path to rapid promotion. Similar incentives are available to readers/professors.
** Assistant professor/pre-tenure in the US system.
* You don’t necessarily have to be an ecosystem modeller to be part of “modelling of marine ecosystems."
Share this vacancy with others...